Saturday, May 12, 2007

Overheated

I ran at 5pm today and did about 4 miles and had to take a long water break because I felt overheated. After cooling down ( I even applied a cold, iced cloth to my face and neck) I mainly walked the last 5 miles. I guess I'll have to run early or a lot later in the day. I ran the 7 mile run in about one and 1/2 hours , but this 9 miles took two and 1/2 hours. It makes a huge difference to run with the group as far as moral support and feeling like you can finish the distance. After my run I was locked out of our house--my husband and kids went to get pizza and forgot to leave the back door unlocked (I don't usually bring my key on short runs). So I sat outside awhile and then sat down in our other car and fell asleep. Meanwhile our other car wouldn't start and my husband couldn't reach me so he had to call a friend to bring them home. What our the chances of the car not starting when I get locked out of the house!!! The lesson learned is bring keys on all runs and leave a cell phone outside somewhere so your family can contact you, and remember to check the cell phone for messages. We still don't know what is wrong with the car and will have to get it looked at ( and towed) on Monday. Bonnie

2 comments:

Mark Simpson said...

You have to be sooo careful. Please make sure you are going at cooler (relative I know) times and hydrate often!

Chuck Gautier said...

You are a glutton for punishment! I got overheated and am still reeling from yesterday and I ran at 7am. Yikes! Also, I have locked myself out of the house... Atleast you had someone to blame. I took my keys and put them by a vase, and realized after reurn that I had grabbed the wrong key chain. Be well!