Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wow! We did it!

What a great feeling to have the 1/2 marathon behind us. The day before the run I couldn't figure out why I was feeling uneasy and "strange" and then, before the run, I talked to several others that hadn't been able to sleep, etc. What a great day that was to finish 13.1 miles. After the party my 11 year old (she was at the party) said, "Mom, that felt like being at your class reunion." We went last summer as a family to my class reunion in Germany and, since it was a small school (Americans overseas), we all know each other well and feel like extended family.
We have accomplished alot and one of the best things is making new friends. We know we'll be there for each other in the coming months.

2 comments:

lisathehornplayingturtle said...

Yea, you did the half-marathon! Congratulations!

cjonesrun said...

Wow, that's a long way for a class reunion! I have been gone all week at a business meeting and I have not trained all week. I can't decide if I am going to get up and "try" the mileage Saturday or just do less mileage on my own. I am leaning toward just getting out there and doing what I can do with the group. Maybe I'll see you Saturday. Tell me where you train during the week. It was great getting to meet you and Nancy!