Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Keeping up the momentum
Some Mondays I just haven't been able to get up out of bed before the heat kicks in. I have skipped some other runs too but kept up ok with the 8 mile Clinton run. Hope I'm not getting too lazy. I'm glad Mark said that we can train slowly and the hardest part of the training is over. I still feel like the hardest part is ahead because of the endurance factor and what is "between the ears". Hope the 15 miles run this Sat. is not too hot. I have to miss one 8 mile and the 16 mile run but will be there for all the others. We go down to central Fla. (the springs are a cool 70 degrees) most summers so I'll be gone for 10 days. See you Sat. Bonnie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm with you, Bonnie, I am a little worried about "between the ears stuff"! Since my daughter-in-law, Kristy will be at the 15 miler, this Saturday, I'll plan to wog with her. I would love to join you and Nancy some time when Kristy is absent. Yes, we can do this...although it is a little overwhelming to think about sometimes! Together we prevail! That is what is so-o-o great about MM...the wonderful support and "can do" spirit that this couch potato needs.
I know what you mean about those central FL springs. I taught school in Inverness, FL for a year and a half. One of my friends lived right on the river in Dunnelan (SP?) It was where Homasassa Springs and glass bottom boats used to be and we would go up river and swim and snorkel and float down! OH the memories! :) Have fun!
Bonnie,
You will do great. The mental preparedness developes during the long runs. The crowd in Chicago will help you make it to the finish line, also. Don't worry about missing those long runs, I had to miss one every fourth weekend the last two years because of working at Woman's. Hope to see you Saturday.
Hope you are having a GREAT vacation! See ya when you get back.
Just to say hello from Switzerland. Kind regards. Peter
Post a Comment